Binance.US has promoted Brian Shroder to CEO, the U.S. arm of the cryptocurrency exchange announced on Friday.
- Shroder was already serving as Binance.US’ president and as a board member. He was previously a strategist and business development executive at Ant Group, an affiliate company of Chinese internet giant Alibaba, and was also an executive at Uber.
- Shroder had been appointed president in September following the abrupt departure of former CEO Brian Brooks. Brooks, the ex-head of the U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, had been the CEO for just four months.
- Binance.US also announced it was appointing Eric Segal as its interim chief financial officer (CFO) replacing Joshua Sroge, who is leaving the company.
- “I look forward to growing our team further as we continue to expand our products and services and begin our initial first steps on our pathway to IPO,” Shroder said in a statement.
- Segal will serve as CFO until a permanent CFO is appointed. The company said that it was working with the executive recruiting firm Russell Reynolds Associates on a permanent replacement.
UPDATED (Oct. 8 16:51 UTC): Updated with information about Shroder’s previous positions in the first bullet point.
Source: Coin Desk