Investment firm Republic announced Tuesday a $150 million Series B funding round that was led by Valor Equity Partners. Republic will use the funds to expand globally, develop new investment products and otherwise build up its business.
- Republic consists of several arms, including a retail investment platform, a private capital division and a blockchain consultancy business.
- “Valor has a history of investing in innovative industry disruptors and believes Republic is a natural fit for our portfolio,” said Valor Equity partner Vivek Pattipati. “We are aligned with Republic’s vision to transform the private investing marketplace and usher in a new era of venture capital.” As part of the investment, Pattipati will join Republic’s board of directors.
- Returning investors from the Series A round in March were CoinFund, Galaxy Interactive, HOF Capital, Motley Fool Ventures and Tribe Capital. New backers included Pillar VC, hedge funds Brevan Howard and Atreides and executives at GoldenTree Asset Management,
- Republic raised $36 million in the Series A round and said its total fundraising at that time was over $70 million.
- Last week, Republic Capital launched a $60 million crypto-focused seed fund. Separately, Republic Crypto said last week that it teamed up with Huobi Ventures, the venture capital arm of crypto exchange Huobi, to provide funding to crypto startups in an effort boost their growth.
Source: Coin Desk