Mawson Infrastructure Group has listed an Australian crypto mining exchange-traded fund (ETF) that includes Galaxy Digital and Hut 8 mining, among other companies.
- The provider of diversified digital infrastructure services said Monday the ETF, which will be the first product offered by its Cosmos Asset Management unit, will be named Cosmos Global Digital Miners Access ETF, under the code “DIGA.CXA.”
- The ETF will track the performance of the Global Digital Miners Index, which is managed by Standard & Poor’s, according to a statement. The press release didn’t specify when the ETF will start trading.
- The ETF’s top three holdings will be Galaxy Digital with a 20% allocation within the fund, while Hut 8 and Marathon Digital will both have a 14% weighting, according to the Cosmos Asset Management website.
- The ETF comes amid a recent flurry of new cryptocurrency-related ETFs that have launched in the U.S. and in other countries.
- “The Cosmos Global Digital Miners Access ETF is designed to provide access to global leaders listed on national exchanges with a focus on cryptocurrency asset mining and infrastructure,” Mawson founder and CEO James Manning said in a statement.
- Other ETFs that have heavy exposure to crypto miners include Viridi Cleaner Energy Crypto-Mining & Semiconductor ETF (RIGZ), which is up 74% since its inception in July, and Bitwise Crypto Industry Innovators ETF (BITQ), which has climbed 24% since launching earlier this year and announced on Monday that it had surpassed $100 million in assets under management.
Source: Coin Desk