Join hosts Adam B. Levine and Stephanie Murphy, along with special guest Josh Scigala, CEO of Vaultoro, for a wide-ranging exploration of the growing asset class of “stablecoins.”
On this episode we discuss:
- The possibility of central banks or regulators banning private 1:1 stablecoins.
- The challenges faced by early, decentralized, over-collateralized stablecoins.
- How negative interest rates will drive 1:1 stablecoins into fractional reserve.
- The potential weaponization of unlimited money printing to take control of limited resources.
- The scenario where governments freeze bank accounts connected to 1:1 backed coins in an attempt to destroy the wider crypto economy.
- The potential for mismanagement of funds by 1:1 companies and threat of a Lehman Brothers 2.0.
- The shrinking but still dangerous dearth of transparency within the biggest stablecoin balance sheets.
- Why regulators can’t seem to keep up with real solutions.
- Why Josh believes decentralized stablecoins present a better set of tradeoffs.
Today’s show featured Andreas M. Antonopoulos, Jonathan Mohan, Stephanie Murphy and Adam B. Levine, with editing by Jonas. Music for today’s show was provided by Jared Rubens and Gurtybeats.com. Our episode art was created by Adam B. Levine using pixelmind.ai
Any questions or comments? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Coin Desk